A smoker- “it wasn’t that we couldn’t hear the entire world screaming the insanity of us smoking pack after pack. It was that our chemically enslaved brain was screaming even louder that smoking was as important as eating, and quitting would be like starvation”.
It is for these addicts, that WHO celebrates World No Tobacco Day on 31st May each year, highlighting the health risks associated with tobacco use and advocating for effective policies to reduce consumption. Tobacco use is the second cause of death globally and is currently responsible for killing one in 10 adults worldwide.
Today you get another opportunity to get rid of your addiction. Just throw away your cigarettes and take one step towards a healthier life.
Various activities are undertaken to make people aware of the health problems that tobacco use can cause. These activities include:
• Public marches and demonstrations, often with vivid banners.
• Advertising campaigns and educational programs.
• People going into public places to encourage people to stop smoking.
• The introduction of bans on smoking in particular places or types of advertising.
You can also symbolize World No Tobacco Day through:
• Clean ashtrays with flowers in them.
• Ashtrays with images of body parts, such as the heart and lungs, which are damaged by tobacco use.
• No smoking signs.
• Symbols of death, such as gravestones and skulls, with cigarettes.
• Images of the diseases caused by tobacco use.
Contribute to the World No Tobacco Day, Say no to tobacco!!